Thursday, September 23, 2010

FREE AT LAST

I'm in a new public housing property now, in a much nicer part of the world.
And best of all, I am the only one with the keys.
Not like at the retirement village where I was living before where there was ready access to the key to my front door.
By the general manager, his administrative offsiders, office and nursing staff and even the maintenance man.
Window cleaners were allowed to come into my unit when I was not there, despite my objections and wishes to be at home when they were.
Yet my Housing NSW lease said there were to be no unauthorised entries.
It was horrible living in a place where people I did not know or trust were able to enter my unit without my knowledge or permission.
I feel like I've been let out of gaol after serving a sentence of eight years.
I have my life back again.
Even though it took the threat of losing it to regain it.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic news! You have been through a terrible ordeal, and I hope you will settle in to a peaceful life from now on!

    ReplyDelete