Thursday, September 17, 2009

Still pushing for green light to greener pastures

This week I received a reply to a letter I wrote to Federal Housing Minister, Tania Plibesek two and a half months ago about the need for a national interstate transfer system for public housing tenants. She didn't address the issue at all. Instead I was told about the $629 million the federal government has provided for new public housing in all states and territories, plus another $400 million to renovate homes many of which are already unsuitable for occupancy or are about to become so. That's important too. My argument is that it would be sensible to build more public housing in capital cities where land is cheaper and make it easy for public housing tenants living in Sydney to transfer there. Ms Plibesek is on ABC-TV Q&A tonight so I've submitted my question about this subject to her on-line and hope it gets chosen to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment